Camping packing list
Personal gear for a weekend trip with troop.
- Camp shoes
- Hat (Brim)
- Hat (Knit)
- Hiking Boots
- Rain Gear - Breathable, no ponchos. Works well to block rain, wind, and serves as an extra layer.
- Shirt (Long Sleeve) - 2-3, can be used to layer when cold.
- Shirt (Short Sleeve, wicking ) - 2-3
- Zip on Scout pant legs or other wicking pants (no jeans)
- Sleeping Clothes - Consider temperature and quality of sleeping bag when deciding what to wear.
- Clothing should only be worn in sleeping bag, not outside. A sleeping bag liner can also help.
- Socks- 2-3 pair , more if wet or snowy.
- Swim Suit - Trunks for boys, one piece suits for female leaders; depends on activities
- Backpack - To hold gear. A duffel bag will work if you are parked near camp.
- Eating Utensils
- Flashlight - With extra bulb & batteries
- Head Lamp - with extra batteries
- Knife - Small pocket knife if you have the “totin chip”
- Lighter / Water Proof Matches
- Mess Kit / Plastic plate and Bowl
- Notebook and Pen/Pencil - May be required depending on planned activities.
- Scout Book
- Sleeping Bag - Make sure bag is rated below expected temperature.
- Sleeping Pad
- Water Bottle - 2-3 liter bottles
- First Aid Kit (Small)
- Lip Balm
- Prescription Medications - give to ASM prior to departure
- Toilet Kit
- Towel (Small)
- Insect Repellent
- Waterproof watch